Tuesday, January 13, 2009

King Duncan's Confession part 1


I am your Royal Father Duncan, King of Scotland. All my fellow people recognize me as a great king who loves all those who obey him and respect him. The one action that I despise is treachery. Treachery is the betrayal of one’s trust and this betrayal occurred during my time as king and even worse it happened to none other than your Royal Father. Am I not a man who keeps his word? Am I not the man who rewards those who offer themselves towards the king? Am I not the great King Duncan who is grateful towards my people who have offered me their services? I am I dare say! Yet I have been betrayed, but not by a man whom I’ve been ill mannered to. No my friend, it was one of my worthy Thanes. The Thane of Cawdor who has betrayed me and gave up his allegiance to the King. He has betrayed me for the Norweyan King and joined their side for the assault they laid on us. The Thane of Cawdor was an insult to my memory this is what I thought of him “ He was a gentleman on whom I built an absolute trust.” That is all in the past now. The great Macbeth is worthy of the title Thane of Cawdor to match his Thane of Glamis and I have deep trust in this new Thane than I did with the old one.

No comments:

Post a Comment