Wednesday, January 14, 2009

King Duncan's Confession Part 2


I sent Ross to Forres to give a message to Macbeth saying that he was to be the new Thane of Cawdor. He should be grateful for this honor; when I arrive there; I hope that everything is fit for me and that there is plenty of women, since my wife died, I have been quite lonely in my castle. When I arrived in forres I was greeted as a king should be, everyone was there including Macbeth and Lady Macbeth. After I settled in, we had a grand feast, it was quite nice. Lady Macbeth was sitting beside me and she looked very beautiful. When Macbeth came in, he was skeptical to sit with me and stood there for a moment glaring at us. Macbeth has been quite bookish recently and quiet. I haven’t heard a word from him until today when I had arrived in forres. I do think of Macbeth as a loyal friend but I do not like it when I am left in the dark like this, I should probably go and have a word with him later after the feast. Macbeth being the new thane of Cawdor is a great honor but it seems like he is not that exited about it. Tomorrow he will probably perk up and start appreciating the things that he is gifted with. To bed for me now, another day arrives soon and I have to have my rest, I hope that tomorrow will be a better day for me and that everything goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment