Wednesday, January 14, 2009

King Duncan's Confession Part 3

As I was walking through Birnam Wood, I stumbled upon magic that took the form of a pond. It was deep, yet so clear, and I could see life in the form of fish. It was pleasant and relaxing, like fine women dancing. But something caught my attention, something that wasn't right. My reflection, upon water's surface, was unusual. I could see myself, wearing old, ripped clothing, comparable to a filty peasant of present day. I took my eyes off the mirror of water, and looked at myself. I was still in king's outfit, but everytime I gazed into the reflection, I see the direct opposite. This is not right, I am the King! This wretched outfit I see in the pond, it can't possibly be me! Suddenly I heard a noise, branches breaking. A figure emerged from the shadows of the forest. I could not see the person's face, for it was blurry, and distorted. My body suddenly froze, as if petrified by this being's presence. His face became clear, eyes sharp as an eagle's talon. It was Macbeth, yet I could not utter his name. "You're reign has ended, Royal Father", he said. I could hear faint screams of people in the distance, as he pulled out a dagger. Suddenly, I awoke from my horrible dream, startled and sweating, but my fear was not over. Lying on top of me lay Macbeth, dagger in hand. The dagger came down, several times in a row, entering my body. I could feel its cold, sharp blade, taking my life away. My eyes became heavy once again, and I fell into an eternal slumber. My reign was over, and the land was no longer mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment